Since my last post I chopped close to 11 inches of my hair off and donated it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. I opted for that one over Locks of Love because PBL doesn't charge the cancer patients for the wigs whereas LoL does. It's been almost a month of my new 'do and I'm still loving it. Just yesterday I received a 'thank you' from Pantene and that made me feel happy with my decision all over again.
two
I'm at the halfway point in my semester which means I'm stressed out and anxious about due dates. What gets me is that I've been in school (community college, undergrad, now grad program) for the last seven or so years yet I still procrastinate. Will I ever learn? Like, I spent a week stressing over and re-doing my genogram only to cut half of my father's side out the night before and wound up with a much simpler genogram. It's things like that-- had I given myself more time maybe I wouldn't have had to cut half the family out. Or maybe I still would've but at least it wouldn't have been the night before. I digress..
three
This is on my mind. Watch the video at the end. It's an enlightening project that really puts things into perspective. Many people in society see criminals as only criminals, not realizing that at the end of the day they are still humans. Humans whose life circumstances (out of their control) coupled with their poor choices (in their control) got them into prison. A must-watch.
four
I'm writing this here just to make it official: I need to exercise and lose some weight. I'm not overweight in the least, but I am not where I'm used to being and that worries me. I made a commitment to dance in my high school's alumni routine this May so that's motivation in itself for me to get my booty in shape so I can "shake my groove thing" (oh, the memories!)
five
I'm hoping to get a transfer from the youth shelter I've been with for 2.5 years to their other site that's closer to me. The one I've been at is geared more toward the higher-risk youth, whereas the HB shelter is more of a homeless/runaway youth shelter. The reason for my request for transfer is because they now have more permanent part-time positions available and if I were to get that, I could quit my graduate assistant position and work only weekends at the shelter. (Which would free up my weekdays for school and my upcoming traineeship). Send positive thoughts my way, please!
1 comment :
What's the new 5? haha I like this 5 idea. Simple and quick. Make a new one! Just sayin'
Also, my theory, at least for me with procrastination was that I worked better under pressure and in stressful situations because I was able to focus more. It may not have felt very good or healthy but it was efficient. What do you think? Just a rationale that puts an excuse to procrastination?
Did you get your transfer and are you really performing in the alumni routine for "spectacular" (I hope that's the right name, don't ask me why I remember that.)
Post a Comment